Qualifications at Pennine View School
We look to provide a range of relevant qualifications for our learners depending on their individual needs and interests. The qualifications taken may vary year on year to suit the particular cohort in key stage 4.
Qualifications taken extend from entry level up to GCSE and their equivalents. Consultation with parents and pupils takes place at the School Careers Event and also at Parents Evening. In 2016-17 we are offering the following (some of these are options choices):
- GCSE and Entry Level English
- GCSE and Entry Level Maths
- Entry Level Functional Skills ICT
- BTec Science
- Level 1 Creative Crafts in Cookery.
- Level 1 Creative Crafts in Design Technology
- Level 1 BTec in Performing Arts
- Level 1 and Entry Level Personal and Social Development
- Junior Sports Leader Award
- Entry Level Art
In addition to these subjects we strongly promote pupils gaining independent travel skills and getting the chance to complete at least one work experience placement in year 11. Year 11 pupils will also get the opportunity to visit local Colleges, Sixth Form Schools and Training Providers. As part of the year 11 curriculum students will attend a short block of sessions at Doncaster College to help them prepare for learning after the age of 16.